Thursday, June 16, 2011

Putting It To The Test

http://dvice.com/pics/meat_Petri_dish.jpg In the science world when you have an idea you test it and you see what your results are. I remember doing this in a biology class in high school. Our teacher put us in groups and gave us petri dishes and told us to go around the school and swab stuff with q-tips then rub them on the petri dishes and told us bacteria would grow.

I remember going around my school rubbing the q-tips on all sorts of different things like the drinking fountain, door handles, and stuff in the bathroom. One group even found the basketball team practicing and the swabbed the star players armpit.

 We watched the bacteria grow in the petri dishes over the next couple of days. All I remember is looking at what each thing was that I swabbed and thinking that my school was gross and needed to be disinfected, and I was confused on how more people weren't getting sick everyday. Also that athletes armpits while practicing are disgusting.

But that is beside the point, what I am trying to say is that the same principles apply in the Gospel. You get an idea and you test it. The idea in the gospel is faith and if God really will help and bless you as you strengthen your faith in him.


Which reminds me of an analogy in the Book of Mormon. In The Book of Alma, Alma the prophet at the time, teaches that if you plant a seed of faith in your heart it will grow. As you nourish your seed, your tree or faith grows and over time into a big beautiful creation. Please read the stellar verses here, Alma 32:28-30

Like in the experiment above and in the analogy in The Book of Mormon, there is only one way to get to a conclusion and that is to do the test. So I invite you if you have not already done so to put this idea of faith to the test and see what happens. I know that your experiment will bring in some amazing data you just have to perform the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment