Friday, June 3, 2011

Bear Cub

http://www.tuckamorelodge.com/data/media/12/american-black-bear-cub_108.jpg So I was thinking about this story when my family and I were on a vacation at a national park. We were eating lunch on the riverside; we were enjoying ourselves and having a great time. It came time to go so we began to pack our stuff into the car. My grandpa being old was chillin in his folding chair reading a magazine as we were doing all the work.

Then a bear cub comes wandering out of the surrounding trees to check out our campsite. It wanders up to my grandpa who is all by himself, minding his own business. Grandpa noticed the bear then simply rolled up his newspaper and hit the cub on the head and said something to the effect of get out of here bear. The bear continued sniffing around and annoying my grandpa. He hit the bear on the head again and told him to leave and he threw an apple that he had in the cup holder into the river. Luckily that got the cubs attention and he swam after the apple, and eventually climbed out on the other side of the river.

I remember watching the whole thing and I thought it was funny how my grandpa wasn't worried at all that a bear was right next to him, probably hungry looking for food. How he nonchalantly hit him on the head and got rid of him.

http://stmikesyouth.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/thought.jpgThen a thought popped into my head and I imagined the bear cub as a form of temptation, and how my grandpa had no worries about the cub, or temptation, attacking or hurting him. It is because he had the Holy Ghost with him. It made me realize how there is no need to worry about falling into temptation when the Holy Ghost is with you protecting you, just like it did to my grandpa.

Temptations can come at anytime and in any form even as a cute little bear cub, but when we have the Holy Ghost with us we will be able to heedlessly rid of the temptations.

No comments:

Post a Comment