Friday, April 1, 2011

We Need To Slow Down

Life goes by fast and if were aren't careful we're going to miss it. We need to slow down, pay attention, and make correct choices. For example the other day I was walking down the street. A squirrel in a tree got my attention. I watched the squirrel run down the tree and across the road as fast as his little legs could take him. The squirrel was going so fast he didn't check for cars and unfortunately he never made it across the street. If this poor little squirrel would have slowed down just for 1 second to look for signs of danger such as the car. He would still be chasing other squirrels around and finding nuts to eat. I know for me at least I often run across streets blindly like the squirrel did, luckily I haven't been run over by a car yet. Watching that incident was terrible but it was a good reminder that we need to slow down and look both ways before we cross any street. This applies in every aspect of our life and in every decision we make. At least for me recently I have been sprinting everywhere and not checking for danger. I need to slow down and look both ways before I do something. It is easy to get in the habit of doing something and forget to check for cars. This was a good reminder for me that I need to double check my choices even though I may have done that same thing a thousand times. Sometimes we may even need to ask our Heavenly Father to help us recognize hazards that are coming our way. God is happy to help us, we just have to slow down, ask him, and he will guide us around the hazards.

No comments:

Post a Comment