Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Holy Ghost

The Holy Ghost is awesome and there is so much he does for us. One of the things he does for us is he warns us of spiritual and physical danger. When we are deciding between two options the Holy Ghost will prompt us to choose one over the other because he knows that there will be spiritual or physical danger at the other. Even when the other decision may sound like we would have a better time at it. For example I played rugby in high school and there was a game one Sunday, I really wanted to play in it. I thought it would be best if I didn't play even though my team really would have needed my help. At the game there were high tempers that led to players and coaches doing and saying things they shouldn't have been said or done. Some of the players got suspended for the rest of the season and even some of the coaches. If I would have gone I may have been apart of that and I could have been suspended for the rest of the season. I made the correct choice by not going to the game but, I only made that choice because I was prompted to do so by the Holy Ghost. He knew that there would have been a fight and he told me not to go. I was sad I wasn't going to play in the game but I was so glad that when I herd the story of what happened that I didn't go and risk getting suspended. The Holy Ghost didn't tell me there was going to be a fight and that's why I shouldn't go to the game he simply just told me not to go through a small prompting. I almost ignored this subtle feeling to not play because I love the game and didn't want to miss playing in a game. I listened to the prompting and was able to play the rest of the season. The Holy Ghost is an awesome guy and does so much more than just warn us of dangers. It is crucial that we do not ignore the warnings of the Holy Ghost, and that we are always listening and acting on the subtle promptings we receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment