Thursday, April 14, 2011

Repentace

Repentance. The first time I herd this word I thought it was for the bad sinners, the guys who are in jail. It is, but it is also for us, for everyone. All repentance is, is a change of heart, throwing out a bad habit and starting a new better one. It is trying everyday to become more Christ like. For example one day you may be frustrated and just having a bad day it happens sometimes, then someone says something and you blow up in there face. You realize later you shouldn't have yelled at them and the only reason you did was because you were having a bad day and they accidentally pushed you over the edge. So the next day you feel bad for what you did, you call them up and apologize to them and say your sorry, and that you will try not to do it again. Boom! You just repented, you apologized and said you would try not to do it again. You are trying to make your actions more Christ like, aka repentance. Sometimes repenting or being Christ like is difficult but I promise you it's so worth it. Sometimes the hardest part about feeling like you have repented is forgiving yourself. I know this because it happened to me. I made a stupid mistake I knew better but I still fell into temptation, I repented but I felt like I repented wrong or something because I still felt bad for what I had done. But it was because I couldn't forgive myself. God had forgiven me but I hadn't forgiven myself. No matter how small or large your mess up may be God will always forgive you. It took me a while but I eventually realized that many other people had made the same mistake and had been able to forgive themselves and learn and grow from it and to never do it again. I then did the same, I saw it as an opportunity to gain experience from and to remember the guilt I felt so I wouldn't do it again. After that my actions were more Christ like and I had repented, I felt so much better. After we repent we must remember how we felt during our repentance process and remember the guilt we had and to strive with all our might to not make that same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment