Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Joy

http://www.utvet.com/images/happy_man_000.jpgThere are many ways we can find joy. Before I left for my mission I found happiness in skiing, sleeping in, and playing X-box especially madden. These are wholesome activities as long as they are not abused. They can bring you happiness, I know this because I got happiness from them. I have been thinking about these a lot lately because I miss them but I realized that they only brought me joy while I was doing them. There are many things out there that seem like they will bring us happiness. It may look like they will make us happy, and maybe they even will but it is only temporary happiness. Then we are back to where we were before if not worse. Some of these are temptations and others are just things we do because we have nothing else to do. We have to be careful of those temptations because some of them have strings attached such as addictions. But let me tell you something that I have been doing since I have been on my mission which is bringing me joy that does not have an end, it has no strings attached. It has been learning and sharing The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that as time goes on and as I live and learn more and more about it the joy will continue to get better and better. As you begin or continue to live the Gospel of Christ you will receive that same joy. Don't think it is to late to start living the gospel because you made a mistake in you past. That is the beauty of the gospel there is repentance where you learn from you mistakes and you cease to want to do them. I promise you as you live the Gospel of Christ you will begin to receive joy and that joy will stay will you for all eternity as long as you live the simple Gospel of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment