Friday, May 6, 2011

Blessings

Recently I have been noticing more blessings in my life. One of the many blessings I have noticed is patience. I don't get annoyed with people quite so easily anymore, which is awesome because now that I am on a mission I talk to a lot of people and some of them are quite frustrating. I am able to deal with their foolishness because now I have been blessed with more patience. I am a lot more patient when I drive also, my road rage has gone down considerably. I have also been blessed with a stronger relationship with my family. Although I am farther away from my parents and brothers and sisters geographically-wise, I am closer relationship-wise. These are only a few there many more blessings I have received. I was thinking about all these blessings and I was trying to figure out a good way to define blessings, so I looked up blessings in the dictionary and this is what I got, it's pretty legit. "A favor or gift bestowed by god, thereby bringing happiness." This definition is awesome. One reason I think I have been noticing so many more blessings in my life is because my relationship with God has gotten so much closer. I have been living a more Christ like life, and now I am better able to recognize the blessings he bestows upon me.  It has been great to receive these blessings from God and sometimes I wonder how I managed without them. I can promise you that if you strengthen your relationship with God he will throw numerous blessings at you. This is one way I look at it. It is like we are all little children learning, like not to hit people or how to use the toilet instead of our pants, and God is our loving parent teaching us. Whenever we listen to him and we don't hit a fellow toddler when they take our toy, or if we use the toilet instead of our pants he rewards us with a new toy or a candy bar or something. So when we listen to him and communicate with him through prayer and scripture study we are rewarded, he gives us blessings such as patience, happiness stronger relationships with loved ones and many many more. I have seen the blessings in my life and I know he rewarded me and he will reward you because we are all His children.


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blessing

1 comment: