Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Change

Change. I'm not talking quarters nickles and dimes, I'm talking about a change in your life. Change can be a good or a bad thing. Recently in my life I have had an enormous change. I went from skiing about four times a week, hanging out with my friends every night and sleeping in until almost noon, too everyday serving our Lord. I am a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As you can tell that's a rather large change in a lifestyle. At first it was difficult for me to give up skiing, my friends and especially sleeping in. It's still rough but I am getting the hang of it. Some people would ask why would I want to give up a lifestyle like that? It sounds fun and let me tell you it was. But I made such a dramatic change in my life because becoming closer to God and Jesus Christ has made happier. As a missionary I go around upstate New York and try to talk to everyone I can about Jesus Christ's Gospel. I do this because I want everyone to be able to find more happiness in there life just like I have. I get discouraged by the time I retire to my quarters for the evening because I may not have talked to as many people I may have wanted to, or not as many people will have listened to me. But I know that the Lord is happy with my efforts. I know that the next morning when I crawl out of bed even slower than a sloth The Lord is going to help me share his message. What I am trying to get at here is that change is a good thing. I changed my life and became closer to God and Jesus Christ. Because I have done this, life has become easier for me. I am more patient, I don't get as mad as easily, and best of all I am happier. But when a change happens to anyone's life they should look at the bright side, which could be hard depending on the change. They should take the change and grow from it. For instance if you were to save all of you change from your expenses in one jar, after a month or so you may have enough money to fill you car up with fuel. If you learn something new from each change in your life by the end you will be a better, stronger wiser person.

Elder Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment